- Play DEMO on PC!
- Will be ready in 2018!
- Got awarded as the Best Student Game in the World!
LVL² is a minimalist puzzle platformer in which the player can use a projection ability to manipulate the size and position of objects relative to their own.
In LVL² you need to think inside the box.
As you jump around with an electric burning heart you’ll project blocks
and change reality to solve the puzzles in your world.
LVL² is being developed by Glitch Crab Studios and was their final year capstone project at Swinburne University, Australia.
The game was showcased at PAX Australia 2017. In December 2017, LVL² won Best Student Game at The Game Awards.
LVL² is continuing to be developed in 2018.
- Players control a square with a beating square heart through a minimalist environment.
- Main mechanic is projection; players can select objects to project, clone, move and place elsewhere within the level.
- The player can use their projection ability to alter the size and position of objects within levels relative to their own size and position.
- There are entire levels within some blocks. In order to solve a puzzle, the player will need to dive into the inner level, complete it (as well as any other levels that are inside) and return to the original level with the ability to continue.
- Features a layered electronic future bass soundtrack with minimalist and chiptune influences.
- As the player progresses through levels and solves puzzles, the world is infused with colours and sounds changing from a drab colourless world to one pulsing with light and colour.
Winner of first-ever Best Student Game at The Game Awards 2017
LVL² is available as a .zip file. Unzip the file to extract the game .exe and a folder of required files. Store these two together.
Simply run the .exe to begin the game.
Playing with a controller is *highly* recommended. There are keyboard controls, but the tutorial explains the controller inputs.
Based in Melbourne, Australia
Regular Price: Free: